Case Study: August 2013
- West African female, 40 years old
- Black nasal limbal lesion, smooth and well defined. Patient poor historian and cannot remember when appeared or whether changing in size
- Excisional biopsy performed
- Melanoma / Melanocytoma
- See figures
- What does Fig 1 and 2 illustrate?
- What is the diagnosis?
- Which further tests can be performed to clarify the nature of the pathology?
Click to show answers
- Black, variably-sized foreign material in substantia propria of conjunctiva.
- Foreign material of uncertain origin.
- Transmission electron microscopy and EDAX. EDAX is being performed on this case and the result is awaited.