A 35 year old female presents with bilateral, unusual swellings of her lower lids. She has a history of nasal polyps and is allergic to Aspirin.
The figure shows the key pathology.
1. What does Fig 1 show?
2. What is the histological differential diagnosis?
3. What is the likliest diagnosis?
1. Bluish material without inflammation or other features.
2. Cosmetic filler (hyaluronic acid), acid mucopolysaccharide (endogenous), mucin.
3. This is hyaluronic acid cosmetic filler (aka Restylane) . She had a bilateral lower lid cosmetic procedure performed some months before for orbital troughs.