A 60 year old female presents with a sausage-shaped mass over her right eyebrow. it is non-temder and mobile and appears to be confined to the subcutaneous tissue. The lesion is excised.
The figures show the histology and immunohistochemical findings.
1. What does Fig 2 show?
2. What feature is seen in Fig 3?
3. Predict the immunohistochemical stain used in fig 4?
4. What is the diagnosis?
1. A lesion with a myxoid stroma, ropey collagen, spindle and pleomorphic rounder cells.
2. These are multinucleate florette type cells.
4. This is a good example of a pleomorphic lipoma. The eyebrow is an unusual site.