Case Study: December 2012
- 60 year old female
- 20 year history of black nodule lower lid
- No change
- What are the main histological features?
- What is the differential?
- What’s the likeliest diagnosis?
- What are the associations?
Click to show answers
- Well defined, melanotic lesions, composed of epithelioid to spindle melanocytes, in fibrotic stroma with melanophages and dendritic melanised melanocytes. No mitotic activity, no necrosis
- Cellular blue naevus, deep penetrating naevus, metastatic melanoma to skin mimicking a blue naevus
- Cellular blue naevus
- Carney complex
- Cellular blue nevi of the eyelid: A possible diagnostic pitfall. Wang Q, Prieto V, Esmaeli B, Kolda T, Lazar A, Ivan D, Diwan AH. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008 Feb;58(2):257-60.