Case Study: January 2012
- 25 year old female
- 1/12 history of lower lid fleshy nodule
- See Figure 1
- Removed for histology
- Fig 2 and 3 – H&E
- Fig 4 – MSB stain
- Fig 5 – Cam 5.2
- Fig 6 – alpha inhibin
- Fig 7 – human placental lactogen (hPL)
- Negative for melanocytic, soft tissue and haematological markers
- What is the clinical differential?
- What further history would facilitate the diagnosis?
- What is the diagnosis?
Click to show answers
- Granulation tissue, pyogenic granuloma, rhabdomyosarcoma, amelanotic melanoma and metastatic malignancy.
- History of pregnancy? Beta-hCG levels?
- Metastatic placental site trophoblastic tumour (PSTT). There was a confirmed history PSTT.