Case Study: May 2011
Macroscopic feature identification.
- What do the arrows in Figure 1 point to?
- Figure 2 shows the cut surface of an orbital tumour. What is the diagnosis?
- Figure 3 shows two lesions-what are they?
- The arrow points to a lesion that is present in both eyes. What’s the diagnosis.
Click to show answers
- These are cyclodiode scars at the level of the pars plicata / pars plana.
- This is a vascular malformation.
- Cobblestone degeneration and a uveal melanoma.
- This is a case of bilateral diffuse uveal melanocytic proliferation (BDUMP), secondary to a renal carcinoma.